Tuesday, July 3, 2012

9 months old!

Dear Kate,
You are officially 9 months old!  What a big girl you are, and man alive, look at that hair!!  It's blonde and a lot of it.  And, of course, you are as cute as can be.
 But what a mover you are!





This month was rather hard to take your pictures, if you can't tell!  Aside from squirming when trying to take pictures, changing your diaper has become a complete nightmare.  Every single time, unless you are just SUPER tired, I literally have to hold you down with one arm and change with the other.  Sometimes, and I mean a few sometimes, I can distract you long enough with a toy, or the desitin, or my phone!, to change you, but most of the time I end up chasing you down the hall, half naked (you, that is, not me!)  You can only imagine what poopy diapers are like! 
You also are cruising everywhere.  You've learned to sit after standing up, thankfully!, and not like to gracefully move from one end of the bathtub to the other (that's the outside of the tub that I'm referring to).  You also like to stand up on the the shelf with the microwave and also look at yourself in the bottom oven!  
You're loving Sister's chalkboard (still, maybe.  You seemed to have been loving this for awhile), and you still love your Mommy more than anyone else.  It drives Mommy a little crazy at times, and by 5 oclock crazy has taken it's course!  But as long as you don't see me, you are fine.  For the most part... 
You are eating yummy table food now.  Let's see, you eat your peas and carrots with no problem, and have tried diced peaches and pears.  I'll occasionally give you some of Mommy's banana or your sister will offer you whatever she's eating, but we for the most part stick to the peas and carrots.  Stage 3 food isn't your fave, but you are handling it fairly well.  Those noodles will give you a run for their money every now and then.  Oh, and you are sort of kind of drinking from your sippy cup.  It's a slow process, and I only do it during meal times, but you do like to play with it. My goal it so be rid of bottles by your first birthday!!! Also my goal is to have you walking in 2 weeks so you won't crawl in the sand (as we're headed back to the beach!!!) but I doubt that's gonna happen!  As for now, I'll chase my cute, half naked, crawling baby!! 
 Happy 9 months!!!  Love you sweet thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment