Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fanciest First Birthday Party Ever

Dear Kate,
You are one! You are one! You are one!!!  I can't believe it.  I'll post about you and all you are up to at the age of one, but for now I want to discuss the fanciest first birthday party ever!  All for you!!  







For several months I thought and thought and thought about what kind of party I wanted to have for your first ever birthday party.  Yes, I plan several months in advance for birthday parties.  Really for any parties.  Mommy LOVES to plan parties, and to host them, so when I KNOW I'm going to have a party every year around September 19th, I start to plan early, just to make it exactly perfect :)   So, I thought hard, couldn't come up with anything super spectacular, and then it hit me - I want to have a fancy party.  I started thinking small at first, just a couple things like monogrammed petit fores, but then Mommy and Sarah got together and we lit a fire under this party planning committee!!!  We (and I do mean "we" because Sarah was as much involved as Mommy) went CRAZY with the "fancy" idea and I loved every bit of it.  We decided we had to use china and silver and crystal.  I mean, that's a must at a first birthday party, especially a fancy one.  And we didn't just use any old china, we used 100 year old china from Sarah's great-grandmother and Mommy personally polished the silver to a perfect shine.  We had water goblets and champagne glasses because nothing says fancy like a glass of champagne, right?  As we were thinking through all the fanciness, Mommy caught a bug - a monogramming bug - and decided EVERYTHING needed to have your 3 letter monogram on it!  Again, what says fancy better than the classic 3 letter monogram?  Nothing, that's right.  Again, Sarah was totally involved because she's the one who found the monogram embosser and from that point, it was on!  Mommy monogrammed table runners and party hats and cake balls and cupcakes and cookies and petit fores and the bathroom hand towel and your bib and, well, seriously, everything!  Maybe I should just show you the pictures...
Here's the food table, and yes, the monogrammed table runner...

 And we had four round tables set with the finest table settings in the dining room - so pretty huh.  Did I mention white and pink were the color schemes.  You always have a color scheme.  Always :)
This was probably my favorite - a silver rattle and sippy cup, with of course your monogram on it.  Again - Sarah - and the roses in it just make me smile inside and out!

 Each table had a beautiful silver vase with the prettiest pink roses arranged by none other than Sarah.  I promise Mommy did have a part in this party, but Sarah is just really good at certain things, like flower arrangements, and thinking of silver sippy cups monogrammed, so I let her roll with it!

Oh, maybe this is my favorite!  And maybe because I thought of it AND did this one!  We wrapped the silver in white napkins each with a monogrammed napkin ring holder thing!  Ahhh, so cute, huh!
 We even hung your fancy monogram that usually hangs above your crib above the food table - again, so fancy and precious!

 The party was from 1-3, so no lunch, but instead, we decided to do LOTS of sweets, as I think you are going to be me sweet loving baby!  Sweets included cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, cake pops, petit fores and a smash cake and for good measure (and because it just doesn't feel right to NOT have real food), we did have chicken salad bites, (the sweet kind!), veggies, caprese salad bites, and spanakopita.  All delicious, of course, although not ALL of it was monogrammed :)

Mommy made, yes MADE, the cake pops and even made the fancy sticks they resided on!  Another fab idea, if I do say so myself.  And I ordered these fancy cupcake toppers from Etsy, yes, that's your monogram, and they even gave me the stamper, so I can make even more "Kate monogrammed cupcake toppers", you know, for your next fancy party :)  
 I had Publix make their famously delicious petit fores and a pretty little chocolate smash cake, all including your monogram.
 Ahhh, and your birthday hat.  Oh, your birthday hat.  This is how this went down.  Mommy text Sarah and said "I need you to help me make a hat for Kate so I don't have to pay $25 for a hat she will wear for 2 minutes, if that." Sarah's response "Okay" and viola - your fancy birthday hat made, with love, by both Mommy and Sarah!
 Seriously, we're awesome, right?  And to match the hat, Mommy made you a birthday bib, and you had to have your own place setting, too, so I made a monogrammed napkin for you and your little silver fork :)

 And, of course, what's a fancy party without a monogrammed bum?!!

 See, I told you we went CRAZY with the idea!!!!  


Oh, and what better way to say "Thank you for coming to my fancy party" by handing monogrammed (and delicious) cookies out to the adults and personalized luggage tags to the kiddos?!!  


So the table was set, food was cooked, and pretty dresses on, now it was time to have a party!!!!  We invited family and our closest friends (i.e. The Grugetts!) and what a turn out.  

 

As you can only imagine, Mimi was there and was all smiles!  
And Pic-pic tried to steal a few kisses from the fancy one year old!  
 Ash-ash and Uncle Jay (and Clara Lee, too!) showed up all spiffy and clean...
 And the 3 Musketeers were present, pretty, and ready for a party! 



 Aunt Jill looked splendid in her pretty green...
 And Uncle Jaybee, Aunt Steph, Mr. Jay, Miss EP, Grant, Miss Leigh, Ryan, Auntie Amy, Mammaw, Pawpaw,  and Lynnie were all there, too, to help celebrate such a fancy occasion!
And your Daddy couldn't help himself - he had to give you kisses every time he saw you! 

 And, of course, Sarah was there to help out with, well, everything...

Except you weren't real happy when Mommy forced you in her arms.  When you start talking a little bit more, Mommy will make you apologize to Sarah because she worked too hard for you to cry like that.  Or, I'll just delete this picture and act like you were a perfect angel on your first birthday :)
 Everyone enjoyed themselves, having champagne and lots of sweets, and after you eyed everyone eating their treats, I decided it was your turn!  First step, putting the hat on...
 Which you were not a fan of...
 Or at least not a fan of the strap!  Just on your head, you were fine with!
 We sang Happy Birthday and you went to town!!



 And even shared a little with your cuz, but don't tell his Mommy.  Aunt Jill is notorious for giving her nieces and nephews sweets to early :)
 You LOVED the cake, although you didn't make too much of a mess.  I shouldn't be too shocked, as we were at a fancy party and all, so you did have your best manners displayed.  You got a little upset when I decided to take it away, but were soon entertained by all your fun gifts!
You have some mighty fine family and friends and received some lovely gifts, including this fancy bike.  Everyone had a great time socializing at your fanciest first birthday party ever and all loved and hugged on you.  We all thought you were the prettiest birthday girl and are so happy to be celebrating such an occasion!  Even Christopher enjoyed your fancy throne :)
Happy First Birthday Sweet Kate!  Mommy and Daddy love, love, love you and wish many, many, many more wonderful birthday parties your way!!!!  (which Mommy will start planning tomorrow :)  XXXXXOOOOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment