Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Baths and Bouncing!

Dear Kate,
This week flew by so fast that I can barely remember what we did, but I do remember you having a good old time.  Wednesday, we went to Christopher's house while the cleaners were at our house.  You accidentally dropped a bookshelf thing on Mommy's foot earlier that morning and by the time we got to Aunt Steph's, my foot was swollen and I could not walk on it!!  I say accidentally because, well, I'm not sure it was a true accident.  You were kind of angry that I wouldn't pick you up so you swung your arms around and found the closest thing to throw down.  I have to admit, I cried a little.  Mainly because it hurt, but also because I think we are going to have some major anger issue steps to overcome in the near future... SO, back to Aunt Steph's... So we decided to head over there for dinner and some fun, rather than me trying to walk around a store with both of you.  You played with Kipper while the girls were upstairs getting into other trouble, and after dinner, you had your first bath with your cousins!! It's a milestone, indeed :)  And look how cute you all are!  

And even cuter with your hair all standing up.  Sister likes to sing "Happy Birthday" when she sees your hair like this!
We did gymnastics on Thursday and our usual Mexican on Friday night and then on Saturday, you played Play-doh with your sister and Ryan.  Jake was not feeling good at all, but you didn't mind playing with the big kids.  Mommy even let you go upstairs with them while the adults stayed downstairs.  You fit right in with those big kids!!  So proud, yet a little sad...
Sunday, we toured our neighborhood looking through all the new houses being built.  You enjoyed walking rather than riding in the wagon, or Mommy holding you, which was quicker most of the time!  It was a cold day, but a really sunshiny day, too, so it was so nice to just be outside.  Later that day, we sold your plastic playground to your second (??? I think, maybe once removed, maybe not...) cousins.  While you and sister do play on it, you also have mastered climbing up the wooden playground and there is no need for both, huh!  You were napping when we packed it up and when we walked outside later that day, you were totally looking for it.  It was sad, but you got over it quickly when you found the wooden one.  Mommy knows what she's doing :)
On Monday, we met Aunt Steph and the kiddos at Pump It Up.  While you did go there for Ryan's birthday party, I felt like this was your first time really playing on everything.  You immediately found the highest "ladder" to climb and found your way to the top with no problem...


The honest truth is I did not even have my shoes off when I looked up and saw you climbing away!  I was a bit nervous, but you made it up fine, but the coming down part was trickier.  You just didn't want to.  I had to climb up there and slide down with you (Mommy didn't mind that part!).  You had fun just running around everywhere, climbing in one thing and out the other.  You were hard to keep still until you climbed back up that ladder and got a little freaked out by the large amount of kiddos that were following you.  See, it was MLK day, and well, we weren't the only ones with the idea to come to Pump it Up!  The kids were nice to not skip you, but they were following you very closely and didn't let you go at your own pace.  You were not happy by the time you reached the top and Aunt Steph was nice enough to come after you (in the mist of all those kiddos! I think she wanted to slide!!) and after that, you thought clinging to Mommy was much better.  You did get down some, but you avoided that ladder like the plague!  Here are some highlights!



You got the 3 yellow balls from another inflatable and would not let them out of your sight, or hands for that matter!

Kipper had fun, too!!!



Aunt Steph decided to hang you upside down, which you enjoyed (and still holding those balls!)

And Mommy had a little fun, herself!!

You (and your sister) loved getting in this new cyclone blast thing, and finally at the end of the day, we let Abs and Ellie do it.  I think they had fun!!!
I think we all did!!
After jumping, we headed to lunch and then home for a LONG nap!  A fun day, although by the end of the day, you had two knots on your head.  I guess I should not worry, but you fell on your head climbing in the chair and then less than 30 minutes later, Sister accidentally opened the door with you behind it and put another pretty little knot on you!  You didn't seem to mind for too long, and, well, it isn't your first and at the rate we're going, it will not be your last.  The lady at the Y nursery told me yesterday "Kate is the climbingest child we've ever had.  Do you have to move your furniture?"  I just laughed.  Very loud.  Then grabbed my little bundle of monkey joy and said "yep, but she just finds a way to move it and climb where ever she pleases!"Love you monkey girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment