Monday, October 10, 2011

Third Week

Dear Kate,
Another week, and you are still precious as ever.
You are three weeks old as of today, and while there aren't really any milestones to report, there was some fun in this third week of your life. To begin, it was me and you, all week long, and Abs joined us on Thursday! The two of us did a lot of little things like grocery shopped and folded some clothes and cooked some dinners, but the one thing I TRIED to do was take a picture of you for your announcement. Man alive, I don't know if I am just super picky or just no good, but I took, oh, I don't know, 2,000 pictures! Okay, not that much, but still. Here are a few of the 2,000 that did not make the cut:


This is my fave! It's like you are saying "nana, nana, boo boo - you're not going to get a good picture of me!!!!"
And you look 6 feet long here!
And then there became a debate on which was better between these two:
Daddy liked this one and claimed many people at his work did, too...
And Mommy, Mimi and Aunt Ash-ash though this one was the best (of what we had to work with!!)...
Guess which one won out :) I did get these cutie-patootie feet though...
So yeah, my first day at home all day with both of you was Thursday. I have to say, it wasn't too bad!! I think I'm going to make it :) Abs has gymnastics on Thursday at 9:30, so that morning, we woke up and immediately started preparing for our departure. I figured it would give us a little trouble so I was prepared, but in reality, it wasn't too bad. Your big sis can be helpful (can be, most of the time, that morning she was - later that afternoon, not so much, but nothing to discuss just yet...). So we dropped her off at gymnastics and ran back home because I forgot my phone (okay, so it was 100% perfect departure!). Once we picked Abs up, I decided to challenge myself since so far things were smooth - so we went to Target! First off, it was a first with both of you, second, it was a first with that weird shopping cart where Abs can sit on the front and you in the back. It wasn't too bad, other than it's really hard to steer! And your sister likes to prop her feet up as if she's on a beach vacation! So Target was a hit! I even ran into a friend and looked quite composed for being in that condition!! But, once we got home, things got a little crazy for a bit. First, the cleaning people were still at our house and we needed to eat lunch - all of us. And your sister isn't fond of the cleaning people, although they are very nice, she just is rather shy around them. So, between carrying her around AND you around, getting lunch and eating it outside so we didn't bother the cleaning, I was exhausted. Soon enough they left but minutes after I thought things were going to be calm, and you got sick - all over your bed, and of course you. So we had to have an emergency bath, no monkey bath, and a certain big sis was determined to help - anyway - all in all, it was a tough hour and 1/2 or so, BUT, we all got settled back down and by the time Daddy got home, we had dinner on the table!! I consider it an "A" of a day!!
Friday, it was just you and me again, while Abs went to school - but not for long. Sarah came in town!!!!! She wanted to get some one on one time with you and Abs, and maybe a little with me, too, so she drove in on Friday and stayed all weekend. The 3 of us decided to make a quick trip to the mall and then we picked up Abby from school. You of course slept the whole time. That night Sarah and Mommy got to have our one on one time while Daddy babysat the 2 of you. Now, I arranged it so I didn't have to leave until 6:45, so Abs would be in jammies and almost ready for bed, and you were going to be situated, with just needing to eat once while I was gone. BUT, your crazy Daddy decided he could not wait another week to get back into the Friday night Mexican with the gang and so he took both of you, on his own!!! I'm not sure what was going down with that, but he did it, and apparently did it well! I think he had a little help from Aunt Steph, but nonetheless, he took the challenge and succeeded!! I did miss your first Mexican trip, but I think it's a better story knowing Daddy took his 2 girls all on his own, don't you!
On Saturday, Daddy, you and I ran a few errands and Abs got to spend some time with her BFF. We ran to Lowes and shopped for furniture and even tried out a couple mattresses, of course, surprise surprise, you slept! Well, actually, I did have to wake you up to feed you while we were waiting at the furniture store - man alive they were slow! But you were still a perfect angel. That afternoon, we met up with Sis and Sarah and went to the "big" park. It has been just beautiful fall days and we were soaking it up. THEN, after the park we HAD to go get ice cream from Cece's!! You will find, this is Mimi's and Abby's favorite place, and I have to admit, not too far from my top favorite place either! Saturday night, Daddy grilled out for us and we enjoyed even more of the beautiful weather and then on Sunday, Daddy took you to Uncle JAybee's to watch the Titans game while Mommy and Abs went to a baby shower. Apparently, you did fantastic and Uncle Jaybee even got to feed you!!
That afternoon, we had a picnic in our new neighborhood where we got to meet all our soon to be neighbors!! Did I mention we're building a house??? Anyway, we're building our house right not, getting REALLY close, and apparently our subdivision has a fall picnic every year. It was so great to meet the neighbors - so many of them said they had seen me over and over again carrying you and kept wondering if I had had you or not - to say the least, you were a hit at that picnic! And specifically with one particular neighbor, our right next door to us neighbor who is 15 years old and loves her some babies!! Can someone say 'babysitter'??!! Her name was Lauren, and all she wanted to do was just stare at you! I asked her if she wanted to hold you and you would have thought I offered her a new car!! And boy did she hold you!! And what a natural. No doubt she is going to be babysitting you and Abs!!! And there were so many other great neighbors, too. We cannot wait to move in!
(this was after we got back - you still look JUST like your big sis!!)
Overall, a fantastic week baby girl. You are still doing fantastic with sleeping and eating and little to no crying!! Loving it!! and Loving you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment