Monday, January 23, 2012

4 Months Old!

Dear Kate,
You are 4 months old!!! Can you believe it?
You are just as happy as ever, and I'm pretty sure these pictures prove it! We went to the doctor today and he said the same thing! You just laughed and laughed at Dr. Lee. And you healthy healthy healthy! You weighed 15 lbs 8oz (that's the 75% range) and you are 26.25 inches!!! That's 97+%!!! He asked me how tall Daddy was and I explained that it wasn't so much Daddy's side of the family as it was Mommy's because your Great-Grandaddy is like 6'5 and Uncle Bubba is 6'4 and Aunt Ash-ash is 5'11ish! I also told him I wasn't shocked because your big sister is tall, tall, tall!
So, all in all, you are perfect! You officially moved to your own bed/bedroom last night. You have been sleeping in your cradle in Mommy's room until we got a video monitor and FINALLY we got one AND got it set up, so last night, sniff, sniff, we put you down in your bed. Of course, with no problems because you are still the rock star sleeper. At 4 I have to rock you for a total of 2 minutes on most nights, but I'll take it considering the rest of the night is easy breezy. I only had to check the monitor 3 times, too :)
You love the exersaucer most days, or I should say, most times during the day, but I've learned there are moments when I do NOT put you in there! Your sister LOVES to make you laugh and you LOVE to laugh at her. It's pretty funny, I have to say. You just look at her and start laughing! Daddy tries to make you laugh at every given moment, and most of the times succeeds, and of course I've got a few tricks up my sleeve! You are still super happy and people constantly compliment how happy or how laid back you are. I smile every time because I am SO thankful for that!
You also love the Baby Bjorn - this thing...
And I get A LOT of stuff done with you in it! You also had a little photo shoot the other day when Mimi popped in town...
Mimi's been dying to take your picture in this hat since you got it for Christmas! I'd say you have a modeling career ahead of you for sure. I mean come on, look how precious you are!!
You've rolled over a couple more times, again though, no consistency. We're working on it though. Sarah came and visited you (us!) for the weekend and got to spend some bonding time with you, too. The three of us went shopping together while your sister was at school. Your sister can hog Sarah's attention, but she is her BFF after all. And believe it or not Mimi came BACK up for a visit! This time she brought your cousins Em and Katie with her. Katie was a big help and even offered to feed you! Em just loved holding you, and of course playing 'babies' and 'house' with Sister. They got into your diapers and were putting them on!!! And Em liked cuddling with you...
Sister still can't keep her hands off your head!!!
And then your Uncle Martin and Aunt Amy came in town on Saturday night and brought Caroline. It was Uncle M's big 4-0 so the adults went to a nice dinner and Mimi watched all y'all including Ellie. So you, Sister, Em, Ellie and Caroline! But before we left, you got a little dancing in with your Uncle Martin...
He's such a sucker for babies!!!
All in all, a great month baby girl! You are growing, growing, growing, and I love each and every new day with you! Love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment