Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Clara Lee's 3rd Birthday


Dear Kate,
This past weekend, we headed to Munford to celebrate Clara Lee's big 3rd birthday party. We got in a little later than usual on Friday because we actually waited for Daddy this time! By the time we got to Mimi's it was dinner time so we headed straight back out to Mexican. It was just us and Mimi and Pic-pic, and we thought it'd be no prob getting a table. I mean we come with 12, 15, even 17 one time and got a table. Of course, we called ahead on those, but anyway. My point is we got there and had to wait! The thought... But we did get a pleasant surprise when Sarah showed up. Of course, she went to her Aunt's table and didn't make room for us, but whatever. It was not the restaurant's best night, but we survived and headed back to sleep at Mimi's. Well, I'll use the term 'sleep' loosely. You, my friend, my dear, sweet, precious, 99% of the time great sleeper baby girl, decided you needed to get up. And scream. And continue to scream. All night. No clue what was wrong with you. All I know is at 5 your sister woke up, you woke up and I woke up. And only you went back to sleep, but like 2 hours later. It was by far one of the worst nights. I have no clue what was wrong with you, but I refused to cave and feed you that early. Finally I fed you at 6:45, which was pushing it, but that seemed to calm you down. Of course, at this point I am wired, and your sister was already on her 3rd episode of Mickey Mouse. No doubt it was going to be a LONG day. Thankfully we didn't have much to do but go to CL's party at 2. Unfortunately there was not enough time for me to sneak in a nap and we had to force your sister to sleep by driving around in the car. Man alive it was not a good weekend for sleep habits!
Finally, though, we made it to the big event - the Barnyard Bash - and you made up for all your terribleness the night before because you were just PERFECT. And I really mean way perfect. Everyone, and I mean everyone, kept commenting on how good you were, how laid back you were, how you let anyone hold you and just were content the whole time. I didn't mention to anyone that you were probably just zoned out tired!!! Nah, really I just think you are a good baby like that. And when I say let anyone hold you, I mean it. At one point, Daddy walked outside where I was and said "Ummmm, there's someone I don't know who is holding Kate." So I walked in the barn (most everyone else was on the hayride) and yep, sure enough someone was holding you and I didn't have a clue who it was. I saw Pic-pic talking to her, so I assumed it was all good, and I asked her if I could take you and she said she was fine if I didn't care. I didn't, other than I didn't know who she was!! But you were so good. So good that it got kind of weird because I didn't know if I should just come and get you from her. Usually a baby starts squirming or something and you go "Oh, let me take her from you" but you didn't squirm. Finally I told her she should go eat and I'd just take you. But I didn't have you for long. Lynnie wanted to hold you and then Aunt G and of course Mimi had her fair share!

And even the other Mimi (Clara Lee's other grandmother) wanted to hold you!
And at one point I thought I finally got my hands on you, but Bebob (my spelling may be off) (she's CL's great grandmother - I think...) walked in and immediately had to hold you. She just talked and talked away, just bouncing you on her knee! She loves some babies, no doubt.
Eventually, you took a nap, were content a little bit longer, and then we headed home, hopefully to sleep a decent night of sleep. It wasn't your usual awesome night, but it wasn't like the night before. Just a couple times, and each time I was able to get you back asleep. We packed up fairly early on Sunday and headed back home to do some work in the garage and thank goodness Daddy was with us because something sparked in you and we couldn't get you to stop crying. I had to get in the back and comfort you (read "plead with you") to stop crying and eventually you did. Man alive, it was a tough weekend for you and me both, but at least we had a little fun in there with CL's hoedown! Next year Mommy will even let you ride the hayride :)
Love you, and next time you plan one of those nights will you give me a heads up? Please?? XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment