Monday, August 5, 2013

Week With Mommy

Dear Kate,
You had me all to yourself for a solid week!  Nothing but you, me and the world.  With that said, we really didn't do a ton of things.  I loved the idea of Mimi taking each of you for a week so I could have one on one time with each of you for that week and while we didn't go, go, go like I did with Sister, we  did the opposite, and chilled!  We'd go to the gym in the morning, after taking our time getting up and eating breakfast.  Then we might run an errand or come back home and do laundry or straighten up the house, we'd eat lunch, then you'd nap, then you'd wake up really late (I think you were catching up on your sleep from your week with Mimi!!) and we'd eat dinner, play with Daddy a little and then off to bed at 7.  Now, that's not to say we didn't do ANYTHING fun.  I had fun watching you throw lots of fits.  You have reached that stage - the infamous "terrible two" stage, yet you are not quite 2, but it doesn't matter.  Daddy swears it's a stage.  Fits are being thrown like a fish makes bubbles.  On Monday we went to Costco and you were fine and dandy for the first 4 aisles.  Then you wanted my phone WHILE walking and I declined your request.  You did not care for that response.  Three different mothers (THREE!) said "Stay strong Momma" or something similar.  One old lady said "Oh, she must be tired" and one old man said "When mine did that, I just said 'I'll be over here when you are done crying' and I just left him there."  By the time I was checking out, I was tempted to get on the loud speaker and tell everyone to mind their own business, I have a 22 month old! Point is, you threw a fit.  It was lovely.  It's a stage.  Repeat that 3 times :)
You also have these ridiculously cute pouts when you don't get something you want.  I probably should get mad at you or put you in time out or something, but you always just make me smile instead...
Stage 1:  The Pout - includes eyes closing, head down and lip poking out. 
Stage 2:  The Look Up - includes eyes popping open, head raising, but lip still poking out.
Stage 3:  The Is She Looking - includes finding someone looking at you, lip still poking out.
See what I mean.  I can't get mad at that.
There were sweet times, too.  I mean, how could this sweet little face be any trouble, huh???
On Wednesday, we went to Green Hills mall.  I had a couple stores I needed to run into and we were meeting Aunt Steph and Aunt Amy for lunch at the Nordstrom Cafe (which, btw, was fabulous, but anyway).  You were SO good, sitting in your stroller, sweet as can be.  You even tried on some shoes and helped Mommy try on a few things of her own.  We met them at noon for lunch and it was fabulous.  You got out of your high chair but you were still fine.  But then it was time.  I knew my luck would run out eventually.  You wanted to play on the Ipad, but wanted to lay on the floor in the middle of the restaurant aisle.  I said no, and, well, the fit was thrown.  A man asked to switch tables.  It was that bad.  Now, it was a little much from that man and we didn't stick around, just enough time to get my purse and holler at someone to fetch the stroller, but it was enough to make everyone stare.  Oh you!  Mommy was not expecting this stage so soon!!!  But seriously, how sweet is this...
That's you, 5 minutes after being in the car.  Yes, you did finally get the Ipad, but at that point you had screamed your head off and didn't even want to play it!  Oh well.  You will be sweet Kate soon enough :) For now, we survive!
Thankfully you were able to swap over to your crib from the car so I had some recovery time of my own.  I will say, with you taking great naps and no Sister to entertain while you are napping, I have been able to get a lot done.  I have been working on outfits for our Disney trip and am SOOOOO excited about them all.  Here's a sneak peak (and yes, I made you but only took pics of Sisters).
Jammies for the plane ride (since we leave at 7 am!)  and then the Animal Kingdom outfit...
Bathing suits! 
And even shirts and matching jammies for your baby dolls!
Seriously, super excited.  And 4 more shirts to come!
I realized by Thursday that I didn't really take any pictures of us doing anything, even if it was just throwing fits at Costcos so I decided to document our day on Thursday.  We started off with a walk, but you got mad at something and started running toward the street then bolted into the flower bed.  I had to get a pic, pouty lip and all :)
We nixed the walk and decided a bike ride was better but you for some reason refused to look at me for a picture and purposely looked the other way!
We had an art lesson, which was happiness, so yay for that!
And then there was the back rides that always seem to put you in good spirits!

You like to jump off the counter onto my back, then me spin you, then you let go and hopefully fall onto the couch, if I can get over there in time.  If not, I have to stretch my arm back this weird way and catch you.  Good times - all smiles!
We tried on princess costumes, you know, for Disney :)
And spent some more time outside on the swing!
It was a fun week bonding with just you.  Hopefully next year we will be rid these tantrums and the paci!!!  If not, we'll just ride on Mommy's back the whole time!
Love you SWEET Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment