Monday, November 26, 2012

Before Thanksgiving

Dear Kate,
Well, this is more of a catch up/try to remember post than anything.  Things got super crazy this past week and then the next thing I know, we've had Thanksgiving! Thankfully I took a few pictures with my phone to have a little to say about the week before...
You haven't stopped climbing, that's for sure.  This is you knocking over Abigail's hot chocolate and getting it EVERYWHERE.  I stepped away for seconds and you proceeded to push the chair right up to the counter and climb on up.  Thankfully your sister likes her hot chocolate with a couple of ice cubes :)
 And you continued to get yourself stuck multiple times in the walker...
And you and Sister loved on Kitty...

But the highlight, or well, the lowlight of the week was Thursday night. Mommy was SUPER excited about that night because the last of the 5 Twilight movies was showing the world premiere AND usually it's at midnight but this time it was at 10:00, so I was super stoked because I would totally still get plenty of sleep.  HA!  That day wasn't the best with you, as you had been super whiny from about 4:30ish.  You fell of the chair (climbing) but onto carpet but for some reason that set you off.  I could not get you to stop crying/whining/needing me to hold you.  Daddy got home and sooner than later you were off to bed.  I left for the movies a bit later and before the movie even started Daddy sent a text saying he had already been up to your room 3 times, which NEVER happens.  I got scared right then and there, but continued to enjoy the awesome movie.  When I got out, I checked my phone and Daddy just went back up there and had to rock you for a bit.  Well, I got home and I wasn't in the bed 2 minutes and I heard you crying.  I went upstairs, never to return.  You were so sad and would only lay on my shoulder.  If I even tempted to put you in the bed you would scream, scream, scream.  It's around 1:30 at this point, so I decided to just lay in Mimi's bed with you.  Well, even then you didn't want to lay and preferred me to sit up with you on my shoulder.  So, there we lay (or sat up) until morning, which was an early 6:00 am.  Ugh, it was tough.  I'm pretty sure I didn't sleep at all because at one point you weren't sleeping but just laying there on my shoulder.  I woke up determined that something was wrong with you, beyond teething.  And, so, after dropping off your sister at school, we headed straight to the doc.  Within minutes, Dr. Lee told us you had croop (I have NO clue how to spell it and I always want to say "The Croop" but I'm not sure if that's correct - it sounds like a mid-evil disease...) So, meds were served, and home we went.  Of course, part of "The Croop" is that you don't want to lay down, so back on Mommy's shoulder you slept...

Mommy was pretty exhausted (as you can see I didn't even want to put my contacts in and that NEVER happens!) and thankfully Daddy came home fairly early that day and let Mommy sleep a little.  I'm not sure I did, but that's okay because Mimi came that evening.  You were still not feeling well, so we declined Mexican and just ordered pizza.  Thankfully the medicine kicked in and you got a peaceful nights sleep.  Saturday you woke up much happier, as did Mommy!  Mimi helped decorate our house with Christmas decor and you caught up on your sleep most of the weekend.  I don't like it when you are sick Sweet Kate, although I do love the little snuggle bug you become, but nah, I won't take that if it means you are sick :)
Love you and glad you got all better for a great Thanksgiving week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment